Runnels teachers instruct only in their particular areas of professional expertise, which means that even first graders have a different teacher for every subject. With classes generally limited to 18 students, each child gets individual attention. A greater than average number of faculty members possess advanced degrees, and all Runnels teachers are encouraged to continue their own educations. Continuity is achieved by Runnels’ high degree of teacher retention from year to year. Forty percent of the teaching staff has been at Runnels for ten years or longer and 30% for 5 years or longer.
Dr. and Mrs. Runnels
The joy of learning, when it catches fire in a child, lasts a lifetime:
Runnels teachers have proven their ability to communicate the spark!
"A school is a community of students – young people, and younger people. The dynamic sense of children’s growing and becoming is what makes this school such a fulfilling place to be. As wide-eyed excitement matures into quiet resolve and commitment to a meaningful future, we know that we, in some measure, have had a part in that transformation. What better blessing could there be than to feel that what we have done here has made a difference! Our earnest prayer is that our students and graduates will continue to give to the world, and that the world will appreciate them."
- Dr. Kelly Runnels, Founding Headmaster
- ABCs and Diapers Disaster Relief for Oklahoma Families
- Senior Wins State Title at LHSAA Track Meet
- Outdoor Classroom on Horizon for Trail of Dreams
- Lady Raider Places in State Golf Tournament
- Thanks to RPO for Enchanting Teacher Appreciation Week
- Jr./Sr. High Final and AP Exam Schedules
- Important Back-To-School Information
- Summer Sports Programs at Runnels