Oldest Independent School
Runnels, the oldest independent school in Baton Rouge, was founded in 1965. It began as a preschool, and expanded into an elementary school in 1970. The Junior-Senior High School was added in 1983.
Runnels School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
We believe that what happens to us in youth sets a pattern for the way we choose to live the rest of our lives. At Runnels School, we help young people make the most of this time, and the best of themselves.
See all Runnel Facts Click Here
- Senior Wins State Title at LHSAA Track Meet
- Casting Call for "Hello, Dolly!" at Runnels Summer Theater
- Kelfstrom Elected State Jr. Beta Chaplain
- Outdoor Classroom on Horizon for Trail of Dreams
- Lady Raider Places in State Golf Tournament
- Thanks to RPO for Enchanting Teacher Appreciation Week
- Jr./Sr. High Final and AP Exam Schedules