Is your child up to date with their immunizations?
An Immunization Certificate must be presented to school for ALL preschoolers, kindergarteners, 1st, 6th and 11th graders(effective 7/1/2019). Any newly enrolled student in any grade must also provide proof of immunization. Immunization records will be reviewed and compared to national and state recommendations and you will be notified if your child is missing any required vaccine(s). Please click the following link to fill out the Vaccination Record Request Form.
In the event of an outbreak of a disease which we do not have proof of immunization for your child, he or she will be excluded from school until it is safe for them to return. Exemption forms are also available for religious, personal, or health reasons. Please contact the school nurse for your division for immunization information.
Current recommendations for adolescents are (this includes changes effective 7/1/2019 for rising 11th graders):
- Tetanus(Tdap) booster at age 11-12: this coverage will last 10 years!
- Meningitis vaccine(MCV4) at age 11-12 for entry into 6th grade; a booster is required after age 16 for entry into 11th grade(effective 7/1/2019). If your child did not receive this vaccine at the recommended age and is 16 years old, they will only need one shot. Each 6th and 11th grader(effective 7/1/2019) should provide a current shot record so we can verify that this MCV4 immunization has been given.
- Annual influenza vaccine is also recommended for all children 6 months and older.
- The two shot series of HPV(Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine is recommended for girls AND boys age 11-12. If initiation of the HPV series begins at age 15 or older, a three shot series is recommended.
SEE CDC LINK BELOW FOR COMPLETE IMMUNIZATION RECOMMENDATIONS
Follow these links for more specific information:
- Louisiana Immunization Requirements
- CDC Vaccine Schedule
- HPV Information
- More HPV Information
- Importance of the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination